About the Performing Arts Initiative
The Vision of the Performing Arts Initiative Is…
…a world-class home in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge for outstanding performing arts and events for everyone, enhancing our community and economy
The PAI’s goal is to raise money and develop a 400 to 500 seat state-of-the-art multi-use facility for performing arts, charitable events, community events, and conferences. While doing this the PAI will champion a diverse spectrum of performing arts throughout the entire Columbia River Gorge region. Our efforts will be in partnership with non-profit, private, and public organizations to enhance the overall the overall Columbia River Gorge communities. The new state-of-the-art facility will bring economic vitality and growth to the Gorge, while also adding a new identity as a culturally rich and growing area.
- We believe that the performing arts inspire us, transform us, make us better people, and bring us together as a community.
- We believe that the performing arts are a worthwhile investment with infinite returns in educational, cultural and economic dimensions.
- We believe that incredible spaces matter, that space has meaning, that space creates identity.
- We believe the Columbia River Gorge is ready for an incredible performing arts and events space.
The mission of the Performing Arts Initiative is to advance performing arts throughout the region and to drive the funding and development of a premier multi-use performing arts center in the Columbia River Gorge.
- We believe that everyone deserves to experience and participate in performing arts in an iconic, accommodating, and welcoming space.
- PAI is committed to creating a home that welcomes the broadest possible diversity of artists, audiences, and use by the community.
- We pledge to sustain a diverse, inclusive, and equitable space where everyone who walks through our doors – patrons, artists, employees, volunteers, and vendors – feels valued and respected.
- We will do our part to challenge and disrupt systemic issues around all forms of inequality, through the transformative power of the performing arts.
- Our commitment to these principals is an ongoing journey. We look forward to continuing to share our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts with you, and we hope you will join us in the conversation.