About the Performing Arts Initiative
The PAI Vision
Imagine a home and showcase not just for the Gorge’s amazing local talent, but for regional and national performers and entertainers. Imagine a winter classical music festival on par with any in the northwest, a summer pop festival, film festivals, lectures, conferences, dance recitals, opera, drama and musical theatre, all performed in a comfortable, state-of-the-art, and environmentally conscious facility that enhances the beauty of an already amazing landscape.
The founders of the Performing Arts Initiative have a vision to expand the culture and attractiveness of the Columbia River Gorge beyond its core of outdoor tourism, active sports, hi-tech industry and agriculture. We want to create a foundation for developing and presenting larger scale, high-end artistic performances that are on par with other, culturally vibrant communities.
Our goal is the creation of a 600-seat, state-of-the-art theatre:
- Showcase for a wide range of local and national talent
- Lighting, sound, and stage amenities to accommodate local and touring productions
- Classrooms, studio space and shop
- Entrance hall for special events
- Plaza for art exhibits, outdoor performances
- Parking and loading dock
- Entrance off Westcliff Drive, Interstate 84 exit 62